Mr. Bennett became a partner at Foley Freeman in January of 2019. His practice encompasses a wide range of topics including family law, bankruptcy, and civil litigation.
In 2014, Mr. Bennett graduated first in his class from the University of Idaho College of Law and received several prestigious awards including the College of Law’s Award of Legal Achievement (2014) and the University of Idaho’s Alumni Award for Excellence (2013).
During law school, Mr. Bennett published his article while serving on the Idaho Law Review. The publication entitled Idaho Custody Determinations: Limits on Standing, focuses on 3rd party custody rights in Idaho and earned Mr. Bennett the Idaho Law Review’s Outstanding Associate Writing Award in 2013.
Prior to law school, Mr. Bennett obtained a Master’s Degree in Social Work (MSW) from Boise State University. As a counselor, Mr. Bennett treated a wide variety of mental health issues in both adults and children. This experience enables Mr. Bennett to provide a unique perspective when advising clients, which often results in lower costs and better outcomes.
Mr. Bennett works with both Spanish and English speaking clients and is proficient in reading writing, and speaking Spanish.
When he is not working, Mr. Bennett enjoys playing soccer, camping, and spending time with his family.
- University of Idaho College of Law Juris Doctor summa cum laude (2014)
- Boise State University Master of Social Work (2011)
- Brigham Young University Idaho Bachelor of Social Work summa cum laude
- College of Southern Idaho Associate of Liberal Arts summa cum laude
- Idaho, 2014
- U.S. District Court for the District of Idaho, 2014
Awards and Honors
- University of Idaho College of Law Award of Legal Achievement (2014)
- Idaho Law Review, Articles Editor (2014)
- University of Idaho Alumni Award for Excellence (2013)
- Idaho Law Review Outstanding Associate Writing Award (2013)
- Nominated for Idaho Trial Lawyer Association’s Best Brief (2012)
- Dean’s List 2011 – 2013
- Matthew G. Bennett, Comment, Idaho Custody Determinations: Limits on Standing, 50 IDAHO L. REV. 141 (2013)