Frequently Asked Questions
Wills & Probate
- What happens if I die without leaving a will?
- What does a will do?
- What does a will not do?
- What is a trust?
- What is a revocable living trust?
- Can I keep my guns if I file bankruptcy?
- If I file bankruptcy, can I keep my wedding ring?
- If I file bankruptcy, can I keep my car?
- Are taxes ever dischargeable in bankruptcy?
- If I am behind on my house payment, is there any way to keep it if I file bankruptcy?
- When should I file for bankruptcy?
- Will filing for bankruptcy ruin my credit?
- Will bankruptcy get rid of all my debts?
- What is an “automatic stay?”
- How much does it cost to file for divorce?
- Does my spouse have to be formally served with the divorce papers?
- Why do I have to pay child support when I have my children 50% of the time?
- Can I represent myself in a divorce proceeding?
- How long does it take to get a divorce?
- Can I attend mediation prior to filing for divorce?
- What does the divorce process look like?
- What should I expect from a criminal defense attorney?
- A police officer stopped me and asked questions, but did not read me my Miranda rights. Is this legal?
- I was asked to go to the police station for questioning. Do I have to go?
- If I was charged with a misdemeanor, can I just plead guilty?
- Can I go to jail if I am charged with a misdemeanor?
- If I am charged with damaging property or theft, will I have to pay restitution?
- What if I do not complete the terms of my sentence?