Mark Freeman is a managing member of the firm and his practice focuses on estate planning and business transactions. His estate planning practice includes preparing wills, trusts and other estate documents. He appears regularly in probate and other proceedings in Idaho. Mark has extensive experience representing both buyers and sellers and in complex commercial real estate and development matters. Mark has created and acted as agent for hundreds of businesses that operate throughout the state. Mark serves as a Special Deputy Attorney General for the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare.
Mark is one of the founding members of Foley Freeman. Mark formerly practiced law in Michigan, where he remains an inactive member of the State Bar of Michigan. He is a member of the Real Property section and Taxation, Probate & Trust Law section of the Idaho State Bar, and the Real Property and Trust and Estate Law Section of the American Bar Association.
Mark is past president of the Meridian Chamber of Commerce, past president of the Meridian Rotary Club, and he has served on the Board of Directors for the Boys and Girls Clubs of Ada County since 2003. He received the “Small Businessperson of the Year” award in 2003 from the Meridian Chamber of Commerce, and in 2005, was selected as “Man of the Year” in recognition of his vast community service to the Meridian community.
When he is not representing his clients best interests, you will find Mark out on the golf course or spending time with his family.
- University of Toledo College of Law, Juris Doctor, 1983
- Alma College, Bachelor of Arts, 1980
- Idaho, 1983 United States District Court, District of Idaho, 1983
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan, 1988
- United States Court of Federal Claims, 1984
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, 1994
Professional Affiliations & Memberships
- Idaho State Bar Association, Real Property Section, Member
- American Bar Association, Real Property Section and Trust & Estate Law Section, Member
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Ada County, Board Member 2003-present
- Meridian Area Senior Citizen Association, Inc., Monthly free legal clinic for seniors 1993-2011
- Meridian Chamber of Commerce, Member 1983-1988, 1991-present
- Man of the Year 2005
- Small Businessperson of the Year 2003
- President 1995
- Board Member 1985-1988, 1992-1996
- President’s Award Recipient 1987 and 1992
- Meridian Rotary Club, Member 1992-present; President 2000; Board Member 1996-2001
- Meridian School District, Public Relations Committee Member 1992-1995
- Optimist Club of Meridian, Member 1983-1988, 1991-present; Board Member 1985-1988
- Meridian Kiwanis Club, Member 1983-1987; First Vice President 1987
- Meridian Troop 5 Boy Scouts of America, Committee Member 1997-2001
- Meridian Mayor’s Ad Hoc Recreation Committee, Member 1996
- Meridian Mayor’s Ad Hoc Transportation Committee, Member 1998